Decorating your home on a budget isn’t always easy, but a little paint can go a long way. No matter what budget you have, painting rooms in your home gorgeous colors that add style and dramatic flair is possible. You just have to know where to cut your costs during your painting project. Limiting waste and looking for bargains is the biggest way to save when painting your home.
Here are a few budget painting tips you might find helpful:
Instead of hiring a professional painting service to come to your home and apply paint to your walls, you can save big by handling all the labor on your own. You don’t have to have extensive painting knowledge to apply paint that transforms your walls. You can learn the best techniques and tips for choosing colors by taking advantage of a few online painting guide resources. As long as you are willing to put in the effort, you can paint your home on your own and still get amazing results that save you a lot of money.
Look for bargain paint
Of course, you want to use high quality paint in your home, but these high-end brands of paint can be pretty expensive. If you want to cut costs associated with your painting project you need to start by looking for bargains. This means that you need to shop around for the best deal on paint. Try visiting a local hazardous waste recycling center for low cost paint. You never know what you might find.
Line your roller pan
Using a roller pan to store your paint while you work is a necessity, but it can often result in your wasting paint and ruining roller pans. If you want to get the most use out of a roller pan, you can line it with a plastic bag. Foil can also work as a great liner. This way you can keep the roller pan and use it again to paint another room with a different color of paint.
Use a vinyl tablecloth as a drop cloth
Another way that you can cut painting costs is to improvise with the materials that you use. Instead of going out a purchasing a drop cloth to line your floors and exposed furniture, you can use cheap vinyl tablecloths that you have lying around your home. This can be another great way to save a little cash when painting your home.
- 10 Aspects Of A Great Paint Job
- Best Co-ed Paint Colors For Children
- Design Inspiration For A Master Bedroom
- Design Inspiration For Your Nursery
- Faux Finishes
- Finding Just The Right Shade Of White
- Home Makeover: Picking The Perfect Colors
- How Many Coats Of Paint Do You Need?
- How To Remove Wallpaper
- How To Take Care Of Peeling Or Cracked Paint
- How To Warm Up Any Room Using Ceiling Paint
- Low/No VOC Paint: What Does That Mean?
- Commercial Exterior Painting
- Commercial Interior Painting
- Industrial Painting
- Paint Colors That Brighten Any Room With Ease
- Painters Guide: Top 5 Resources
- Painting Your Home On A Budget
- Pet-Safe Painting
- Top 3 Habits Of A Professional Painter